Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Forget instagram! Pixlr-o-matic is where it is.

While I really appreciate Apple and all of what it's done to revolutionize smart phones so that they can be that much more useful in everyday life, I am actually an android phone user. My phone is the HTC EVO and one of my most used apps on board is a photo taking and processing app called Pixlr-o-matic. As it happens, it's also a web-based app you can try out via the link!

While it helps that I have some good solid working knowledge of photography and digital processing/photo effects because of other work that I do outside of teaching and being a working visual artist, Pixlr-o-matic is a great app to use for even just the camera/photo enthusiast. Most all of the pictures I take and post here originate from the app and while I definitely go overboard with the processing sometimes, it's still fun to use to manipulate the photographic images I take to document every day life. Something else that is awesome about this app? It's F-R-E-E!!! And it also doesn't square crop everything like instagram does. 

Here are some of my more favorite images taken with my phone and processed with Pixlr-o-matic...









Definitely these are no pro pictures but they aren't intended to be either. Possibly they could be classified as annoyingly "artsy" because of the way they are processed and how the images themselves are composed but *shrug* who cares? It's fun and that's the real point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...