Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Handle with care

... and create with caution.


I suppose this is a bit of a self-portrait.  I've always been told that I'm wise beyond my years and I know that if my life experiences could be represented visually, I'd make even some of the oldest trees look as if they hadn't been around long enough.  I feel as if I've lived through droughts and floods and even survived threats of being stripped from the very places I wanted to root myself to.  And through it all, I'm still here.  And in large part, it's due to my inability to do anything but create and just get paint everywhere.

I'm so compelled to create but it's something that will always be a bit of a double-edged sword for me.  It always cuts me in two ways: one that can really be painful at times and another way that helps me to gradually whittle away so many things in my life that have brought me nothing but trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...