Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hiatus, vacation, whatever you wanna call it

This is day 12 of my Christmas vacation from teaching and I have four left and I am so happy to report that (for the most part) I have actually been taking this time off for exactly what it was intended for - a much needed break from all of the workWorkWORK that I have been doing.

Come January when I'm back to work, I won't just be doing my usual of teaching and photography work but I'll also finally be starting graduate studies for a Masters in Arts of Teaching for secondary education (subject endorsement will be be studio art, of course).

For as much as I love teaching and art, I can't tell you I've been doing anything less than relishing this much needed sabbatical. I've been spending copious amounts of time with my sweet family despite the fact that we (and everyone it seems in this region) have been hit with horrible cases of pink eye and colds/coughs. Oh well.   It's never a bad thing when the doctors orders end up being for us to stay home and just take it easy for a change.

See you all in the New Year! Thanks for all of the hits to this blog that just keep on coming. I'll try and be fresh as a daisy with updated student work samples as well as lesson plans when I see you next in 2012! Take care and see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...