Thursday, April 17, 2014

Please continue to hold -- Thank you!

Original works of art by my almost 6yo daughter (left) and an artist I just love named Katie M. Berggren (right)
Popping on here to say hello just to see how you all are doing (albeit) without me.

Despite the quietness that has remained here on the blog, plenty has been going on for me! In my time away, I have still managed to occupy myself with more than enough that makes it even harder for me to want to come back - though I AM wanting to do that eventually and not just close this blog completely.

In my time away, I have come to realize how important it is to take the leave of absence that I have. I haven't been here on this blog and I even "pulled the plug" on my instagram as well!! My pause in blogging was something that I knew I needed but doing so on instagram too? That's something that just ended up happening just because I must say, it's been really Really REALLY nice. It's given me back something that I have lacked for quite too long - which is the real opportunity to be much more fully present in my life. Just as blogging stole that from my teaching and professional life, instagram definitely did that in my personal and family life. By taking myself offline though, I have reclaimed all of the things that I so willfully gave up without realizing that I ever did so in the first place.

I have a little more than a month and a half of teaching left and then I will be brought right to the start of summer - which already is chock full of all sorts of things to do. It's a wonderful and glorious thing to realize not only how full my life has become but also to not feel like I can't fully enjoy any of what I have been so blessed to receive. If you have ever considered taking a "leave of absence" from the online world? I would encourage you to not be afraid to just go for it. It will give back you in dividends what you never realized you were already giving endlessly of yourself within the virtual realms.


4 comments:

  1. Well then we need to send snail mail to keep in touch! I promise I'll be an excellent pen pal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot me an email, Ashley! ;) dreampraycreateATgmail.com

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to say I just stumbled across your blog today and so glad that I did. I am a second year High School Teacher and you have such amazing ideas that I know will help me! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad what I have shared here is useful to you, Melissa! That was exactly why I wanted to start this blog and offer up what I have to begin with. I really hope to return to blogging next year with more ideas even!! Please don't hesitate to reach out via email if you have any questions about what I have here on the blog. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...