|I have been up and at it since before 5am.|
All things considered, I have actually gotten quite a bit done today. Here are some of the major bits...
- Started reworking the curriculum mapping that I thought I was mostly done and then after looking at it, I realize that I've really only just begun
- Put together almost all of my supplies order (in the cart at least) and I will be able to place the order once I go back and check my student numbers one more time (this will make them triple checked!)
- Requested PO numbers in order to eventually submit said supplies order
- Ordered my textbooks for my last two classes that will finish me for my M.Ed. at the end of OCTOBER!!! I cannot believe this. Seriously.
- Took my husband lunch at his new school where he has joined the administration team and toured the school
- Painted my daughter's fingernails and helped her clean her room
- Worked on the discussion board (for grad class) posting that I need to complete and post by tonight at midnight
- Received and started unboxing my first supplies review from the Dixon Ticonderoga company (so excited to share this with you here on the blog SOON!!!)
- Started assembling the last two custom dolls that I will be creating in order to donate them to my school's major fundraising auction this coming Spring
- Designed and submitted an original t-shirt design for the student prefects (of my school) to wear during the first few days of school
|DreamPrayCreate wire wrapped knuckles, SON!|
(from Etsy, of course)
Is it bedtime yet? Because I am beat. :-p And when I look at everything in list form? I feel pretty OK because I have felt like I have been dragging all day long. While it might seem that I am bedraggled from being awake since before 5am but I actually think it's more because this is officially the end of the summer and I am not quite ready for that to happen just yet. *frowny face*
Aside and apart from the fact that it's summer and summer is just awesome anyway, this summer in particular has been the best I have had in YEARS. Really and truly. This isn't because I have sat around leisurely making daisy chains or anything and I have actually been quite busy (even beyond making all of those boy dolls) as I have been taking two graduate classes at the same time and this is something I have never done before.
I have also devoted much of time and efforts towards just trying to spend time with others rather than simply plugging into social media conduits in order to connect with family and friends. I mean, I appreciate social media for the way it does help you stay connected in reasonably immediate ways and I don't begrudge people who use this as their primary way to connect with others. For my own purposes though? Well, ever since I ditched out on facebook last October-November, I have found that by spending more physical time with folks who are near and dear to me, I am happier, my life feels more fulfilled and balanced, and (of course) my relationships are stronger and more authentic. None of this is a surprise the way it happened but still, I am really thankful that I was able to make a concerted effort to unplug more in order to be really connected and present more often with and to the people who are in my life.
So, I guess this is me popping on here and saying 'Hi' and 'How are you' and 'I will be back soon enough' because the school year is starting next week for me! I look forward to getting back into the swing of things with blogging - similar enough to how I did things last school year - and I am certain that this school year will bring with it a lot of surprises, interesting project endeavors, and just plain fun times.