Sunday, August 21, 2011

Everything in its place

Monday is the first day of school for me and I'm happy to report that not only am I ready but as of 5pm of this past Friday, the studio classroom is ready as well!

It was a lot of work getting everything organized so that classroom procedures could be as efficient as possible but even with the horrible sinus headaches I've had to endure from all of the cleaning and dust that has been kicked up, it's all been very worth it.

Here's a picture of the paint cabinet (below) and the adhesives and cutting tool cabinet (above).


Here's a great shot of the new standing easels we were able to get for the advanced studio classes (painting, portfolio prep, and honors studio art). They are H-frame Winsor Newton brand with trigger adjustments on the mast. We got them for a really great price at the end of last school year and I love seeing them assembled and lined up like soldiers in this picture. Such a blessing to have these for our students.



And here is a shot of my side of the shared desk space. I am on the left and though I still need to organize some of my lesson plan files/archives, I decided to use the shelf above the desk for my current reference library of instructional books instead of just a place to put display/art pieces like I did last year and the year before.


All of my class syllabuses are copied, stacked, and ready to be distributed, my electronic/online gradebook is set-up for the first assignments in 2D Design and Graphic Design (I will be teaching 3D, Interactive Art History, and Digital Studio in the Spring) and other than one more item/activity I plan on doing with my students on the first day of class, I'm pretty well ready to go.

Tomorrow I am headed to church with my family to REALLY start off the school year in the best way I know  how and I'm also going to be working hard to catch up on photo editing for all of the portrait sessions I've had   this month in addition to designing a client wedding album.

Here's to another school year that will be overflowing with great blessings of learning opportunities for both my students and myself, creative inspirations, and everything else in between that can glorify the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...