- Applied the "tattoo" and affixed the faux dog tags => officially completed
- Attached the curtain rod, fashioned the drapery/curtains, hung the curtains, and constructed the cork finials => unofficially completed
- Opened my storage drawer and accidentally tore the "serpent's" head mostly off. Scoffed at myself and then smooshed the head back on leaving a slightly noticeable seam => *Grrrrrrrrrr*
- Sculpted and attached the bird beak => 10th mask officially started
I'm having a really hard time with the whole project at this point. It's taking everything I have to not just push myself through it and call it done. I can't do this though because I know my craftsmanship overall will really suffer and I cannot CAN. NOT. let that happen. This project is too important to let that happen.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a "grading" day. I will definitely be doing some grading/entering of grades but I'm also going to be doing other not fun stuff:
- Taking down and rehanging the student gallery displays
- Making name plates and name tents
- Figuring out exactly what to do about the 10th and 11th masks
- Talking to the school's resident construction whiz about the best display options for the masks AND the best way to start on my next project (an interactive sculpture that uses a water pump that will be stopped and started via a push button)
- Working on my application artist statement, teaching philosophy, narrative about my journey as a professional artist, and C.V.
[86 number four. I just remembered. He's taking a personal day.]
Perhaps if I actually got to sleep at a decent hour I would be much less fussy about working on the masks. [I did NOT say something negative about the masks just now. But I really had to try not to.]